Copyright and Privacy
All material on this website is Copyright - West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust, and (except when specific download buttons are provided) must not be downloaded, copied or used on other websites or publications without the express prior permission of the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust. The original source of some photographs on this website is unknown. If you see a photograph to which you own the copyright, please contact us so that we can acknowledge you or remove the picture.
1. This website is operated and controlled by the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust.
2. This Privacy Statement only covers the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust website and does not extend to other websites to which the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust site provides links. The West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust has no control over other websites and does not necessarily endorse any product, service or opinion on these websites.
3. The only personal information the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust may collect from you via this website is your e-mail address and any other personal information which you forward to the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust by e-mail, by completion of on-line forms, or by using the PayPal facility. This information will be processed in accordance with, and will comply with, the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. Your personal information will be processed for the following specified purposes:
(a) processing your requests;
(b) sending you information which you have requested or goods you have ordered;
(c) auditing usage of this website; and
(d) monitoring usage of this website to enable the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust to update and tailor the website to meet the needs of users.
5. Visitors to the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust website are tracked by Google and Yell (the website host). The West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust can identify the servers of visitors to the website, but not individual IP addresses. However, in the event of any suspected criminal activity (for example; obscene or threatening messages sent via the website) the Police have the power to obtain this information as part of their investigations.
6. We may also gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. We gather information about your use of our website by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you. All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
7. The West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust may keep a record of those links which are most regularly used, thus enabling us to provide the most helpful information to users. Such information is held anonymously and you will not be personally identifiable from this information.
8. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us.
(Updated: 29th January 2022)
* * * UNCONTROLLED ONCE PRINTED * * *